We provide off-the-shelf units and we can also custom build units to meet specific needs. Photographic systems can be customized to accommodate extra large subjects, tiny subjects, multi-spectral imaging, high-speed operations, time-lapse applications, and portability. Below are just a few features of the system.
- See normally invisible details: unprecedented image quality and resolution, to micron scale.
- Gather input with powerful annotation, comparison and analysis tools. View and share your specimens and collections online with colleagues, teams & clients world-wide.
- Complete solution including robotic automation, image capture, post-processing, and online viewing, sharing, and annotation.
- After subject setup, Magnify² runs unattended, freeing you for other tasks.
- Saves money and reduces operational costs by automation and use of off-the-shelf cameras and lenses.
- Our emphasis on build quality, training and support ensure high throughput and continuous operation for scanning large collections.
- Templates available (custom ones too!) for drawer scanning - large collections can be scanned withouTurn-key solution, complete and ready to go - with training and support to match your needs.
- Specimens are not affected in any way by being imaged, preserving the integrity of the original item.
- Designed to fit on a standard trolley and will roll through a standard sized door.
- Compact - folds flat for transport and shipping, improving portability and reducing shipping costs.
- 6 months parts and labor warranty and 1 year technical support give peace of mind (Third party items included in system carry their standard vendor warranty).
Magnify² System is a complete, high performance, precision robotic 3-axis linear motion control, image capture, post-processing, and online viewing & annotation system. Lightweight anodized aluminum construction throughout. Self-contained control panel and enclosure with integrated camera power, and control systems. A turn-key solution ready to go, out of the box!
All software configured and installed for ready to run operation. GIGAmacro Magnify² Motion Control System & Automated Capture Software. Zerene Stacker, and AutoPano software included. GIGAmacro Viewer for mobile / desktop devices (with annotation, comparison, sharing and measurement tools).
Canon T3i, 18MP. Canon MPE-65mm Macro lens with telecentric lens adapter. (substitute Sigma 105 Macro with telecentric lens adapter at no cost). Canon Macro Twin Lite Flash with external power. Positioning with Dual Manfrotto Magic Arms. Custom GIGAmacro Evenlight Diffuser.
Configured with Windows 8 Professional, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB Solid State Drive, with 22" Touchscreen Monitor. Storage, 3TB Drive.
System Specifications:PRICE: US$48,000 plus S&H
- Imaging Area/Linear Travel Distance: 635mm (X) x 534mm (Y) x 254mm (Z).
- Imaging Surface Area: 825mm x 750mm (6.5mm Safety Glass).
- Motion Control Resolution: 4 micron (X, Y); 1 micron Z.
- Optical Imaging Resolution: Resolvable detail as high as 1 micron.
- Maximum Resolution: Up to 1 micron per pixel.
- Max Speed: 76 mm/sec (X, Y); 12 mm/sec (Z) axis.
- Bearings, Rails, Lead System: High performance precision IGUS Drylin anodized aluminum rails, bearings, lead screws and nuts (no lubrication needed).
- Maximum Dimensions: 97cm width x 83cm length x 91.5cm high.(Folds to 23cm high for shipping)
- Weight of System: 27.5Kg
- Shipping Dimensions: (crated): Inside: 110cm W x 90 cm L x 31cm H.
- Outside: 107cm W x 94cm L x 36cm H. (2.37m LWH).
- Shipping Weight: 46Kg.
- Control Enclosure Dimensions: 25cm W x 22cm H x 42cm L. 5.5Kg.
- Power requirements: 650 W; 110V or 220V compatible. Additional power needed for imaging computer.
Ship & Shoot Production:
Send us the subject(s) to be photographed, and we will produce high resolution images in our studio using our GIGAmacro Professional Photography System and custom software. The final Gigapixel Macro Photograph is provided as a high-resolution print-ready image file, and an online URL, for exploration, research, archiving, and sharing. Bulk discounts are available.
Onsite Photography & Production:
If your subjects are delicate, in situ, or rare, we can provide onsite services to capture the images by dispatching our team, GIGAmacro equipment, and software to your location. Quick, efficient, and an ideal solution for collecting a massive amount of photographic information in a short period of time. Final imagery is provided as high-resolution Gigapixel Macro Photographs and/or an online website for exploration, research, archiving, and sharing the data.
Questions & Answers
- How many pictures are taken per Gigapixel Macro Photograph?
The number of images varies.
- How much does a single Gigapixel Macro Photograph cost?
Daily rate for a single Gigapixel Macro Photograph is $1,250/day; includes labor, setup time, equipment, file management, and image processing. A typical single gigapixel+ image will require 1-2 days from start to finish.
- Do you offer discounts for educational institutions and non-profits?
Yes, on a case-by-case basis.
- How much do multiple Gigapixel Macro Photographs cost?
When producing multiple Gigapixel Macro Photographs, the process is more efficient and cost effective. In large quantities, the cost is significantly lower than the cost of a single image.
- Do I need a fast computer to view the Gigapixel Macro Photograph?
The online version of the image can be viewed using virtually any computer or Flash-enabled mobile device.
- How much detail can I get in the Gigapixel Macro Photograph?
You determine what level of detail you want. Then, before we shoot all the individual images, we provide a preview proof via email, to ensure the imaging meets your needs.
- Can I use the Gigapixel Macro Photograph in print publications or print the image out for exhibitions?
Absolutely. We provide you with a high-resolution file (typically a Photoshop PSB file). Any part of the image can be used for print publications or printed out at any size. Some systems come with one complimentary large-format print of your first Gigapixel Macro Photograph subject.